New notebook won't recognize router

testman

Baseband Member
Well I have recently bought a HP Pavilion dv6226us notebook, the problem finding my belkin router using the internal wlan, the router itself is not a problem, because I can connect to it just fine using my psp or when I connect it to the notebook using a wire. When I nrowse for hotspots, it only finds my neighbors and some password protected 2wire stuff, but not my own router. I also do not use a password on my router. Anyone know a fix?

Well I dunno if its enabled or not it doesnt say, when i click enable on ap it tells me to enter my ip and submask, I enter it and click save changes, but then nothing happens....and my notebook still can't detect the router.....

testman said:
Well I have recently bought a HP Pavilion dv6226us notebook, the problem finding my belkin router using the internal wlan, the router itself is not a problem, because I can connect to it just fine using my psp or when I connect it to the notebook using a wire. When I nrowse for hotspots, it only finds my neighbors and some password protected 2wire stuff, but not my own router. I also do not use a password on my router. Anyone know a fix?

Do you have DSL? 2wire is the default for a wireless network with a Bell South wlan (in my area). Strange that you're PSP can connect to it. Are you sure your PSP is connecting to your router? Did you setup the router?

pctechmike said:
Do you have DSL? 2wire is the default for a wireless network with a Bell South wlan (in my area). Strange that you're PSP can connect to it. Are you sure your PSP is connecting to your router? Did you setup the router?
Yeah I have sbc yahoo dsl, I think my cousin set up the router since he installed it, and I know for sure the psp connects to my router, since the signal is 100%

also do you know a way to find out my 2wire password?

Have you tried Removing/ Reinstalling the wirelss driver on the notebook? Also, on the advanced tab of the wireless setting should be a choice to run it adhoc, AP and adhoc, and just AP, try changing that to only use Access Points. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom