New and Need Help

Bobguy

Baseband Member
So i'm looking to get a gaming computer but first i want to know if i am able to upgrade mine. I don't know anything about computers so if you ask i probably wont know. I went to the store to get a new GPU and new power supply. it turned out the power supply i got wouldn't work on my computer. There was a certain plug On my computer that the power supply didnt have. So i had to take the GPU and supply back. i ended up getting a GeForce GT 630. If anyone can tell me if i should upgrade mine or if i should just get a real gaming PC.

Computer Specs and such are here: imgur: the simple image sharer

I suspect its a DELL computer. am i right?
Dell likes to do shit like that with their cases. 7 years ago i also wanted to upgrade my dell computer with a new power supply.
Problem was that the case had a bump that was in the way of the power supply. Dell want's you to buy Dell power supplys. They also once had their own RAM. They where also the a**holes that invented the BTX standard. :lol:

Your computers CPU is actually still quite good. So i understand if you don't feel like buying a hole new system.
You can cut off the plug in your case, then get a better power supply.

I'll not recommend that GPU for gaming btw.
It's not really meant to be a gaming gpu.
Something like a 560 is WAY better.

Maybe also upgrade the storage to an SSD. That will further speed up the system.

And a 2x4 gig RAM kit wont hurt ether. 4 gigabyte RAM is beginning to become outdated.

Last edited:
What do you think of these parts.
MSI GeForce GTX 760 - System Build - PCPartPicker

I have chosen some good enough RAM. 2x4 8gig kit 1600mhz
I chose a power supply that is cheap, but good enough. It it also modular. So you can plug out the cables you don't need. This will reduce cable mess.
Lastly i have chosen a gtx 760. It can play all the newest games. just dno't expect ultra settings. that is not gonna happen. i'll say mid settings at Full HD resolution with a solid FPS in most Triple A titles

Back
Top Bottom