New Motherboard and PSU

Well I've got this pc, which is a celeron and I want an upgrade, I should have 120 pounds maximum next week, I want to upgrade to PCI-E I will pick one up when I have the money, I have 756 mb memory ddr 3200, I just want help deciding the heart of my pc.

DirtBikeRidr, just so you know, that motherboard and processor you selected were not compatible. The motherboard was S754 and the processor was S939. The 3500+ is still a decent CPU, though.

3500+ is good, but for £10 extra or so you can now pick up the 3700+, which is 0.2ghz faster - but worth the extra money :)

But buying a better motherboard now is easier, and you'll get loads of extra features.

I'd say go with:

Asus A8N-SLI SE - £66
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0ghz)

That'll give you a big performance boost over your Celeron, and when prices come down even further for Socket 939 you could invest in a 3700+ :)

Or, if you really want the processing power now:

MSI K8N Neo4-F - £50
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - £60

Both those specs cost £110, and I would definitely recommend the first one - you get SATA 2 and SLI on the motherboard, and only lose 0.2ghz of clock speed, which you would not notice :)

Thanks alot prosser13, you really helped me out :), I will go with the first set you mentiond. Thanks for you help all. :) just to top it off, will this give me good gaming performance, and general activities than my Celeron give me, will I notice the difference.

Obviously I will need to get a good PCI-E graphics cards. and of course good memory.

Jamxx said:
DirtBikeRidr, just so you know, that motherboard and processor you selected were not compatible. The motherboard was S754 and the processor was S939. The 3500+ is still a decent CPU, though.[/url]

Your right, my mistake, i mis read the motherboard specs.

I think you should just be patient and save up theres no point going out and buying cheap stuff... because youre gonna want to upgrade that fairly soon too, I say just wait a couple weeks until you can afford a decent graphics card. Or... ask to borrow your parents credit card, charge it, and tell them at the end of them month when the cycle is over you will pay them back. A good graphics card should cost like 50 quid.

Back
Top Bottom