New MotherBoard or GPU? AHHH!

Blaron

Solid State Member
Ok so im torn....My current set up is the

N-alvorix -RS880-micro ATX that came with my HP p6654y. It does not have HDMI. I need HDMI because the new 6300 series Samsung LED does not have a 3.5mm audio input. SO..... do I upgrade to the GA-78LMT-USB3 by Gigabyte? Or do I upgrade to a PCI card that has HDMI. THe costs are about the same so I just need to make a decision one way or another.. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Vid card. You need a small card to fit on the board and in the case. Also you need to figure the added power demands and upgrade your power supply accordingly.

I appreciate your input. I need to upgrade the PSU regardless. I am adding in two HDD (and another SSD LATER) I was wondering what you thought my usb 3.0 needs would be in the near future. The HDMI out on the new MB maxes out at 1920 x 1200. But the big plus is the 2 usb 3.0 and additional sata ports.
The video card however gives me 2560 x 1600. I feel like if I go with a PCI card I will get great video and then its expandable to a MB upgrade later on. I dont know I am just stuck in the gray area of my build.

If you made your own build then it would be better then your current PC and its very cheap and could achieve all everything you are looking for:

If you made your own build then it would be better then your current PC and its very cheap and could achieve all everything you are looking for:

Ya thats what Im doing. I am just at the final stages of purchasing all the gear and Im stuck in between re using my MB and adding on a GPU or Replacing the MB with one that has HDMI and not purchasing a GPU. Its just about wether or not i'll truly use the GPU. I am only using it for an HTPC.

I would get a new mobo and gpu if you can afford it.

oh trust me I would like to. But if I decide to go with a GPU i would get a port heavy MB that has no onboard video. Any ideas about GPU failure rates??

Back
Top Bottom