New Mother Board

dAnk shEEt

Solid State Member
Ok.
I got this computer from my girlfriend and it has a rather old mother board. I talking it has 2 ddr sdram slots and its processor runs at 1.3 GHz. I am hoping to put a new mother board/CPU (maybe the XFX nForce 680I LT) in and im worndering if i have to do anything software side to it or can i just plug it up and turn it on?
Thanks,
dAnk:D

jus plug em all together and just make sure the other parts that computer has is compatible w/ the mobo.

Ok.
I got this computer from my girlfriend and it has a rather old mother board. I talking it has 2 ddr sdram slots and its processor runs at 1.3 GHz. I am hoping to put a new mother board/CPU (maybe the XFX nForce 680I LT) in and im worndering if i have to do anything software side to it or can i just plug it up and turn it on?
Thanks,
dAnk:D

that board does not work with DDR ram, it uses DDR2.

Chances are that CPU is a socket 478. I could be incorrect, but it sounds pretty dated. We'd really need some more specs. Anyways, that's a waste of money, IMHO, to buy a new board to run that dated hardware.

EDIT: I apologize for not seeing that you may get a new CPU as well. And yes, Teny is correct.

IMO, if you're getting a new board, you might as well get a whole system. :D

thx for the replies. this was just to make sure that i didnt have to do anything software side. I plan on upgrading my whole comp; new ram and all that good stuff. Thx again...

Also how does one go about figuring out if a mother board will fit in the case?

Also how does one go about figuring out if a mother board will fit in the case?

Measure and compare. Let us know when you figure out the form factor, then we can help you see if it will fit in a particular case or not if you aren't sure (or, if you have the case already, you can measure inside to see if it'll fit. Most branded computers will be mATX)

PCChips M810DL is the name of my mobo. Are the screw holes the same for each mobo or what?

did u look that up or do u just know this?? btw thats a pimpin avitar. i love night at the roxbury

Back
Top Bottom