Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default New Monitor, screen acting up

I just bought a new Viewsonic VP2030b, and the monitor is great BUT the resolution of the text and image is great in some parts of the screen, and really bad in other parts. if i move a image to a certain part of the screen the content will look really sharp, but if i move it to another part it will look really dull and blurry. is this a problem with this specific monitor, and do i need to return it?

i would REALLY appreciate if someone could help me out with this.

Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: New Monitor, screen acting up

return it. I think something occuredwith the VGA connections in the onitor

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

return it, definitely, you should have a warranty. thats a VERY nice monitor though, and it is hard to believe you're having problems with viewsonic. they're a very good company. hope all works out!
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
Golden Master

Remember that Viewsonic is owned by NEC and I never trusted NEC
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

personally, i do like NEC, but we all have different opinions. i hope everything works out. did you contact viewsonic and ask them what may be wrong?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

well turns out that the monitor is perfectly fine, i called viewsonic a minute after posting here, and they were absolutely great with their service (unlike those indians im forced to speak to sometimes). i just did that auto adjust from the menu of the monitor and BAM it was done. but there was a problem before, which the woman told me is because the monitor was being moved around and it couldnt adjust itself.

so now im staring at an amazing monitor and cant wait to play some games and dvds.

VIEWSONIC all the way, this is my fourth viewsonic lcd purchase.

thanks for your help, and you can trust viewsonic.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

yup, viewsonic is the way to go! i'm glad everything worked out and that i could help. thats a really hot monitor too, you're pretty lucky. my next monitor is definitely a viewsonic. right now i have some random gateway lcd. i've seen your monitor on display in best buy, and wow! the contrast is unbelieveable.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

yeah i had not seen this in life, and in the internet pictures it looked like the base was some cheap plastic, so i really had to make a blind purchase, but it turned out fantastic. ofcourse i paid 599 for it and the next day it was decreased to 559. which sucks. but this lcd is the best by far. especially for $545-599.
i eventually plan to get another one and use the two in a dual monitor config, that would be awesome.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
Golden Master

Yes. Viewsonic and Samsung are two of my favorite manufacturers when it comes to LCD monitors. High quality and stylish. I'm loving mine and have no regrets at all. I came from a 15" to a 19" and wow, what a difference. That auto adjust feature comes in handy a lot. I did that with mine the very first time I hooked it up.

The original screen settings gave me black spaces around the edges which I didn't like. Auto Adjust fixed that and now, I have full screen with clear, colorful, and bright display. I spend close to $450 for mine but it has gone down considerably.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #10
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to pinky4life623

yes samsung i have to say is really good...i love my moniter i have a samsung syncmaster 730b 17"
its great i would recommend Samsung

pinky4life623 is offline   Reply With Quote