new mobo to replace the stock dell's

Half Evil

Golden Master
i was just wondering if this is possible because dell does make there products so hard to upgrade. or replace it. and if i were to do this, should i do this instead of new ghrapics card because i have the dell demention 9100. so im just kinda wondering how to make it more of a gaming maching then a multi-taskin maching.

I doubt it would work. Dell uses proprietary parts meaning they make their parts only work with each other. For example, their power supplies use a special connection that doesn't normally work on standard motherboards. You'd have to get an adapter. I don't know about the other parts, but I'm guessing it would be more trouble than it's worth.

You should be able to upgrade the motherboard. They're pretty much universal fitting depending on the form factor. In the end, you'll probably end up upgrading most of the components from Dell. Enough to the point where you realized you just built a new PC, lol. It happened to a co-worker of mine. Started out with a little RAM upgrade for his Gateway. Then got a new motherboard, video card, and got a new case because the stupid Gateway case has proprietary fittings that prevent you from installing drives in some of the bays.

Back
Top Bottom