New MOBO and CPU

colorblindjimbo

In Runtime
It only supports the core 2 duos. They aren't compatible. Look for something with a P35 chipset. They'll be cheap now.

Here is what it says in the info on that Ebay link.

LGA775 socket for IntelR Core2 Dual/ Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron D Processors
Compatible with Intel 05B/05A/06 processors
IntelR EM64T / EIST* / Hyper-Threading Technology ready
* Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list

It doesn't say quad core. And here is a New egg link and it also doesn't say quad core support.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131032R&Tpk=ASUS+P5NSLI+LGA+775

It supports the core2duo but not quad cores like the one you bought.

Edit: I see worshipme beat me, Damn dial up! And to CRYMAN DO NOT TELL PEOPLE THINGS WILL WORK WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! If your not 100% it will work DON'T SAY IT WILL WORK. And besides that you didn't save him anything since he already bought the board. Hopefully the seller will issue a refund. But looking at his terms I think the OP is SOL.

Here is what it says in the info on that Ebay link.

LGA775 socket for IntelR Core2 Dual/ Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron D Processors
Compatible with Intel 05B/05A/06 processors
IntelR EM64T / EIST* / Hyper-Threading Technology ready
* Refer to www.asus.com for Intel CPU support list

It doesn't say quad core. And here is a New egg link and it also doesn't say quad core support.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131032R&Tpk=ASUS+P5NSLI+LGA+775

It supports the core2duo but not quad cores like the one you bought.

Edit: I see worshipme beat me, Damn dial up! And to CRYMAN DO NOT TELL PEOPLE THINGS WILL WORK WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! If your not 100% it will work DON'T SAY IT WILL WORK. And besides that you didn't save him anything since he already bought the board. Hopefully the seller will issue a refund. But looking at his terms I think the OP is SOL.
I returned the Quad core and got a 2.66ghz dual core. I should be fine. Thanks alot guys. (P.S The board was only $37 so I've left myself some room to upgrade in the future).

Back
Top Bottom