New m/board (large image inside)

Dammit! There's a page 1. I didn't see it. Ignore my questions, I'm going to assume they're answered on the first post.

edit: Oh yeah the i7. I would love to get my hands on that 965. I don't know who's responsible for this, but someone in this forum turned me into an Overclock enthusiast.

edit2: You get a very nice jump in clocks by raising the VCore so little. My relationship is pretty much linear. 100Mhz ~ .1 on the VCore. There's a lot of OC'ing options on this motherboard so I'm confused on what to do. This was my first OC. I was really hoping I could reach the 3.5Ghz mark, but it's been a struggle. The SB600 seems to reject the 1.65V I'm pumping in there. I tried a variation with higher CPU Freq. over multiplier and that resulted in clearing the CMOS. I'm going to attempt 1.6V and see if I can break 3.45Ghz. I kind of regretting getting an AMD though. This processor running at an OC'ed speed got outdone by my dad's laptop running a 2.4GHz Dual-Core (not familiar with laptop CPU naming) in the 1M Super-Pi by 9 seconds...

Nice. I have my E3110 running at about the same speed but 445x9. I'm too lazy to drop the multi and see if I can push it higher.
I was running my E3110 at 500*8 for 4.0GHz, there's a thread here somewhere where worshipme and I posted our E3110 overclocks.

@ Joga, what's the max vcore those things can take.

The processor? I'm not sure. My motherboard can supposedly pump out 1.65V. I'm running 1.55V right now (1.35V + .2V [from the little booster thing option, I forget what it is called]).

edit: It may be called the CPU Voltage regulator. It has options for [startup]. [+ 0.10], [+ 0.20], and [+ 0.30].

mmmmmm, might be a good idea to find out, you don't want to fry it, 1.6V seems awfully high (well, it is for an Intel chip anyway)

AMD website information

Says 1.30-1.35V. I've tested mine stable for 5 hours on Prime95. Am I running a big risk here?

edit: Hold on, that's the wrong revision.
edit2: Fixed the link. VCore range seems to be the same. Max temperature is 68C, under full load I reach 52C so I'm well under.

You'll significantly lower its lifetime with electrical migration I'd say, with 45nm Intel chips that have a spec of 1.365V it is widely accepted that 1.40V is the max and with the 65nm chips 1.50V was the widely accepted norm for 24/7 with air cooling.

I honestly don't know with AMD chips, perhaps you should make a thread and ask the others on here.

EDIT: I've asked the question on another overclocking forum, will let you know the answers.

EDIT: Hey Joga, got a reply from another forum, it appears I may have been correct about your 1.6V

1.5 is OK, but you'll see little gain over 1.45v..

Aim for 3.2 to 3.3 on GOOD air for an avg chip and the 1.4-1.45v range

Back
Top Bottom