new laptop: need advice

aww thanks lol.
just make it a joint thread. im not bothered. its kind of a general laptop thread now and as long as theres no spam i dont care :)

anyway after i charged my laptop for the first time it didnt last long. took a few charges, as most new things do.
another useful piece of advice is that if your keeping it plugged in for a long time then remove the battery. its meant to make it last longer, although im not sure how true this is, but its still worth doing anyway as it will naturally get hot.

wow mine will be here soon :D

edit: @muz, most higher end laptops have wireless N, the cheaper ones and some high end ones do not which does kind of suck. i wanted it so the lappy was future proof

lol i just remembered i didnt makle a thread or anytthing about getting a new laptop i had already decided from reviews and stuff i was getting the dell inspiron 1525

edit: @muz, most higher end laptops have wireless N, the cheaper ones and some high end ones do not which does kind of suck. i wanted it so the lappy was future proof

yer but mine is harderly high end really , i was quite suprized when it came with wireless N for £400

true. some of the lower end ones come with it, but not all. as for a higher specced one id expect it as standard.
snyway why cant it come tomorrow. thurs is a bad day. ive got my prom on wed night so ill either be hungover or just tired in the morn, ... or not even at home lol

well my laptop is hopefully fully charged ive just gotta do all the hard work of installing windows then all the other stuff on it ie getting the wireless working etc making sure everything is working like it should.
i'll keep you all posted

lol have fun with that ^
make sure you tweak it aswell. make vista run blazing fast :)

ive actually got xp pro sp2 on it don't really want vista on it at the moment :) as you can see im online :) i am typing this from my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom