new laptop: need advice

aww damn it:

24/06/08 09:36 POSTCARDS 26/06/08 AM DEL. SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE.
24/06/08 09:36 POSTCARDS AM DELIVERY.

i have to wait till thursday :(

my system owns both of the ones on the link, and besides thursday is pretty close now :p
only thing missing is mine is a 15.4.
anyway those prices suck. the expensive one is £550 or w/e it is. mine was £590 with an os and better specs.

fair play though. get a review in :)

i chose not to have a os pre-installed :)
mine cost £497 but then i added a 2 year warranty cos it only came with a 1 year rtb now a courier picks it up and returns it it only cos 39.99 extra not bad i guess.

i chose not to have a os pre-installed :)
meh. i dont usually like all the crapware that dell and vista put on, but with 320gb hdd and add/remove programs it wont be too bad. id rather go legal. i dont think id ever buy an os, well not till they make them sensible prices
was yours the cheaper or the more expensive of the 2 on the site?

the more expensive one :)

any idea on how long i need to charge it before i use it the manual is useless no mention of how long or anything im thinking roughly 16 hours is that right or is it more or less than that?
sorry to hijack your thread dude

lol no probs. tbh on newer technology it shouldnt matter. i powered mine on out of the box, same with my mobile phone. the newer batteries dont have the rumored curse of lasting less if you dont charge for 16 hours (correct me if im wrong).
to be on the safe side id just charge it till its full, use it off the battery, then make sure its fully dead and recharge it again. after a few of those cycles it should reach its max capacity

it's pathetic that the manual doesnt actually tell you how long to charge though i mean i have turned it on just to see if if it actually turned on i didnt wanna a doa but luckily it turns on i just gotta install windows and anti virus plus other stuff then buy myself an external hdd to transfer all my music from my desktop to my laptop lol.
good job it has 7 led's and it tells you when it's fully charged im gonna charge it until about 9pm it's been on charge since midday so im hoping that's more than enough but i'll do what you suggested.
but thanks for the swift response it's really appreciated your a dedicated and helpful +1

yer i powered my laptop on out of the box and it didnt have any problems , i have discharged it a few times since i have had it as well newer batteries are better with stuff like this

my system owns both of the ones on the link, and besides thursday is pretty close now :p
only thing missing is mine is a 15.4.
anyway those prices suck. the expensive one is £550 or w/e it is. mine was £590 with an os and better specs.

fair play though. get a review in :)
both those laptops only have wireless G mine was only £400 and has wireless N although my router is only G so id dosent really matter

Back
Top Bottom