new laptop: need advice

does Dell make all its laptops in the states and then ship them to the rest of the world? or do they have building centers throughout the world?

No dell manufactures all the shell of the notebook in china , so the motherboard monitor and case are manufactured there and then adds the other parts at the manufacturing plant nearest to you then ships it out

hmm. google says welsh western is crap. thats not good :(
they have merged into a new company though, maybe they are better. who knows. if its shipped today i wonder if it will come tomorrow (doubt it)
edit: its departed EMF
dunno what that means but it sounds good and i can now track it via their site :)

they where fine for me came next day after it was in their hands ,i got an automated call telling me when it was going to be deliverd

automated call ftl. i havent told my dad yet lol and dont want some robot to tell him haha.
never mind. think im going out midday tomorrow. hope it comes then, although i have serious doubts

i missed their calls and no sign of the lappy. arghh, my tracking log:

23/06/08 15:20 IVR-OUTBOUND POSTCARD SENT TO CUSTOMER.
23/06/08 15:20 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 13:14 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 12:21 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
23/06/08 12:21 WWI - HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
23/06/08 12:05 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
23/06/08 09:55 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 08:06 CALL LOCK OUT.
22/06/08 19:00 RAHEEN DEPARTED EMF.

wish i understood where it is :p

automated call ftl. i havent told my dad yet lol and dont want some robot to tell him haha.
never mind. think im going out midday tomorrow. hope it comes then, although i have serious doubts

i missed their calls and no sign of the lappy. arghh, my tracking log:

23/06/08 15:20 IVR-OUTBOUND POSTCARD SENT TO CUSTOMER.
23/06/08 15:20 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 13:14 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 12:21 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
23/06/08 12:21 WWI - HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
23/06/08 12:05 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
23/06/08 09:55 IVR-OUTBOUND PRE CALL - NO ANSWER.
23/06/08 08:06 CALL LOCK OUT.
22/06/08 19:00 RAHEEN DEPARTED EMF.

wish i understood where it is :p

well the 2 IVR pre call means they tried to call with an automated message to confirm delivery twice and Did they leave a message ??
did they leave a phone message as well ?

answering machine wasnt on lol.
hinkley is in leicestershire, so im not sure where it is now, must be closer to home.... and postcard to customer, wtf :confused:

yer hinckley is the central hub where they all come in then they are sent off to different areas so mine came into manchester yours will be off to wherever is nearest ,
you didnt get like a failed delivery note or anything did you

nope nothing
im guessing its either in my area now or in the morning. it best come tomorrow argh :(
i also wish i made it to the phone when the called at 10am

i dunno the phone was answered first time it rang here and it came the day after that so it should come tomorrow if they tried to call today , just kkeep an eye on the delivery log because mine showed the time etc of delivery

yea indeedy dude. cheers. ill keep you posted. atleast its been dispatched i guess. if it was in production i wouldnt be happy :p

yer , at least you know its over here on this island , i dunno how they work weather they keep it in the hub until they confirm a delivery with you or if they send it to your local area and hold it there till they know , either way should come tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom