new laptop: need advice

muz (or someone else i cant remember) told me they just ship the laptops pre built from places like china, and add upgrades if needs be. mine was a default spec. i didnt customise it, so it should be quicker. ive sent them an email but wont get a reply till monday :(

no the shell comes from china like the case mobo screen and wireless etc and then in irelend for us UK people they add the CPU memory hard drive etc any other extras you have added and then they ship
how long has it been since you ordered dude_se

ordered 11th
... wow its phase 3 in production :D
still says 4th july delivery. they changed it argh :(

ordered 11th
... wow its phase 3 in production :D
still says 4th july delivery. they changed it argh :(

mine went into production on the morning of one day and it was delivered the next day ,
anyway because the 4th wont be more than 30 days from when you ordered it according to the distance selling regulations there isnt much you can do

oh. iv had a big rant at them anyway. hopefully it will come the 25th or before like they said

i dont like being too harsh in emails to companies, so i just say what i have to say, which was:

------------------------------------------------------------------------i recently contacted you about the payment of my laptop. thats all sorted. now i check my status to find the pre production date has moved from the 12th of june to the 21st of june and the shipping date has moved forward from the 25th of june to the 4th of july. no one contacted me about this and this is very unacceptable. there are other laptops for the same price, if not cheaper, so i am already starting to look elsewhere.please reply asap, thanksas it clearly states on one of my emails:"The Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 25/06/2008."i expect my laptop then, otherwise i will most likely not pay for it. i feel the service is poor, and ive already waited a long time for such a simple product, and if you cant deliver me the laptop, i will simply not pay. why should i have to wait longer?

their reply:

Thank you for contacting Dell online customer service. Dell's special offers change regularly and due to the popularity of the product our demand has exceeded supply. Our factory is working with our suppliers and Dell will always try and improve the delivery date on your order. Once the order is shipped the carrier company will contact you to arrange delivery.

lol thats pretty useless. i was expecting them to beg me to pay

ill give it a few days. its being built now so hopefully it shouldnt take long. muz seems to thing this phase takes a day or so, and google just has mixed results, so who knows :(

it's such a shame a cool guy like you has to deal with crappy customer care after all you only wanna know when your machine is gonna be dilivered it's a simple question surely.
fair play to you for not sitting back and actually contacting them about it.

Back
Top Bottom