New Laptop Choice? HELP! :)

Haseo341

Solid State Member
Alright well, I have two laptops here.. I used the dell for a short amount of time and it seemed to be all good. No issues what so ever and all has been beautiful from the start, loving it. But then something went through where my girlfriend needed a laptop. She hasnt touched it for a month and its still new. But I have a laptop of my own i got in replacement

Her laptop
http://www.staples.com/Dell-Inspiro...hnology:Laptop_Computers:867069:I17R-2211-OBK

My Laptop
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...1218202944505&skuId=9972957&st=r580&cp=1&lp=1

Basically between the two, i only used the Dell for a few days and had NO Issues. Very fast. I love the screen size and its look and feel..

Now with my laptop I enjoy it, mainly for the upped graphics.. But i dont really do anything other than Starcraft 2 and WoW. But with mine ive had some issues. It stops charging 98% and says not charging sometimes, so i need to let it go down some then itll work (odd) and it just gets slow really quick. As with the Dell did not. And I guess I like the screen room

Now, what would you guys personally take?

but overall performance of the dell seems faster and better..what exactly is so bad about dell?

There is nothing inherently wrong with Dells. My experience with Dells has been positive for the most part. Other people may not have had good experiences. In the end it's all just personal taste. Like Coke vs. Pepsi...

Really, if you didn't do gaming, I would take the Dell no questions asked.

But as you said, the Samsung does have better graphics.

Really it all comes down to what you would rather have, both seem to be pretty good laptops. I have personally never owned a samsung laptop, but all the dells I had were perfectly fine, as long as you take care of them.

Exactly. I mean i love gaming but i find myself installing tons of games and never playing them.. Mainly only WoW and some Starcraft 2. But from what i can tell, the dell can play them decently. Not sure about SC2 but im guessing at least on low. Which is good enough! I have my desktop if i need serious gaming.

But, The samsung is really nice..just had too many issues. But havent had enough time with the dell to make an appropriate assumption yet. But from what Ive seen, the Dell is leaning towards my choice :).

I've never had issue with Dell and I dont see why people do really! But Samsung is new to the laptop market but i hear they do well..Guess I got a bad of the batch? D: With the charging issue sometimes and all :p But overall an amazing piece of equipment too! :)

If considering a dell, you might want to check out delluniveristy.com. They offer great discounts to students on a custom made dell.

Back
Top Bottom