New Laptop

Joel Thorman

Beta member
Ok, I do game, but do more CAD drawing work and need to update my laptop, old one is an HP P4 3.4, with 2 gigs ram, Nvidia Independent video card with 256 ram, my CAD software has a new update that completely revamps the software so I need more power, what do I need? I have about 800 bucks maybe 1000 to do this, thanks

Oh, and of course it has to be 17" system, and dont say a Mac please....specs help

Anything with 4-8 (preferable 6-8) GB's RAM (You will need 64-bit OS for sizes over 4 gigs RAM but don't worry, if your new laptop has more than 4 gigs RAM the 64-bit OS should come with your laptop) and a decent video card for rendering (don't just look at the cache, but you will want something above 256 MB's cache if you can afford it). I can't give you a system, that would make it too easy :p Im just kidding. It takes a few days of research to find the best fit, so thats something you should do on your own.

I would recommend my favorite computer parts site Tigerdirect.com, or Newegg.com where I bought my current laptop from.

just go for a 4gb RAM but if your budget is a bit tight go for 3gb that should still handle it all fine.

Back
Top Bottom