New laptop.

Alienware and Dell over price like crazy, getting a custom laptop from either vendor is expensive. Try to find a model in production with high stats, it cost less since its not custom, but I would suggest getting a gaming tower, not a gaming laptop

>_> prebuilt Dell.

Waste of money, but as long as you're happy with it.

Why waste of money?
Thats just what this guy needs imo, if hes not really familiar with all the hardware mumbo jumbo and needs something that looks good and offers customer service and a warranty. Plus the Dell desktops have new hardware (i7 and new nVidia cards) compared to the Alienware laptops which have outdated video cards and slow ram.

i would bash alienware for their laptops, but after using one i can understand why those things can be so expensive

they're rock solid and very quiet. it's like a ferrari. Though you could probably soup up a honda to run just as fast....but it still doesnt change the fact that it's a ferrari

if you really have to money and wanna buy alienware i would say go for it

Dell owns Alienware.

It's not a secret that Alienware (and Dell) have overpriced stuff... With Dell/Alienware you're paying a lot for a brand name and fancy logo on the case.

Dell isn't as overpriced as some would have you believe.

Oh that's not to say its incredibly price gouged (except their Alienware branch) but there are other, equally reliable brands, that offer the same hardware at lower prices. Just a different name on the case.

The majority of Dell's product line is focused on budget oriented consumers. I don't see where you heading with this.

Back
Top Bottom