New Job, New PC. Opinions?

xguynameddavex

In Runtime
whats up guys, I just got a new job as a systems manager and i am going to be getting a new pc. i am pretty good with computers, but experience can sometimes beat good old book knowledge, so i was wondering if you guys could throw your opinions this way on my new system. compatability issues? better choices for better prices? thanks in advance guys.

LOGISYS Computer YIN YANG CS889GN Clear/ Green Clear Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Pre-Assembled - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 CF-DR Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Registered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

ATI 100-435703 Radeon X1800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

ASPIRE ATX-AS500-YL ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CB IEC 950/ TUV EN 60950/ UL 1950/ CSA 950 - Retail

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM Write - OEM

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Logitech Z5500 / 5.1 / 500W / Digital Speaker System

Tell me what you think please! :D

sounds preety nice all though i dont recommend DFI
for some reason i dont like them
i had really good experience with ASUS

i had good exprerience with asus too, but i cant seem to find a good motherboard with x2 support a pcie port, that is also for a good price, any recommendations in the asus line?? oh and by the way, i didnt put a hd on their because i havent decided yet, any reco's on an hd too? thanks in advance! :D

I've heard that DFI motherboards are godly; however, all I've used are Asuses and I've loved all of them! So I recommend Asus, personally, from experience.

Ill be honest,

I'm looking for this pc to look really cool :confused: i know, being a systems manager i shouldnt care what it looks like, i should care how it performs. But i think it has an affect on me if i walk into my dark room seeing only the enormous glow of a crystal clear green case!!! you all know what i mean :cool:

The motherboard looks phenomonal, i dont know how i didnt find that before, i was looking for the ati crossfire integration without a bunch of bad reviews and this is one of them! thanks man, i appreciate it.

Any suggestions on a green yellow or blue LED power supply? if not, i will go with the one you suggested, it looks pretty sturdy and has many good reviews, thank you for your help, and if you find some of those psu's help me out please. thanks for your courtesy to the forum newbie! lol

yeah i know thanx dude, its just my friend has this pc and it was soooo awsome in the dark, expecially the PSU it is the highlight of it! its the brightest thing in the case.

Thank you sooo much for all your help i really appreciate it, ill probobly get the second one!

Back
Top Bottom