New HP notebook- Help with Screen, please

palladin the II

Baseband Member
Hey, just got a new HP notebook. It has amd turion 64, 17 inch screen, radeon 200 graphics card, 100 hard, 1 gig....

anyway, this is my first laptop and when it is fully charged but i unplug it from the wall, the screen is dimmer. Right when i plug it back in, it brightens up! is this normal? is it defective? ... what can i do? thanks

That's normal. It's to save power. I think you can adjust the settings so it doesnt do that. Look under your battery options.

Well, isn't there an icon on the taskbar? Like when its plugged in, it shows a plug and when its not it shows a battery. Click the battery.

Its normal, dimmer = less power. The laptop might have some software that came with it. Search around in your Programs Menu

on your keyboard, as one of the functions there should be a screen dim/screen bright button, for my old HP, and for my samsung it is 'Fn' (function button) and the up and down arrows, thats a normal thing for just about all laptops though... all you need to do is brighten up the screen again :)

Back
Top Bottom