new here and big AMD question to start off with

nightfire

Solid State Member
hi guys been trying to find a god computing forum and looks like i just did :D anyways which one of these computers should i go with? Walmart.com: iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power WA528D3 Desktop PC with AMD Phenom II x4-955 Processor, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium (Monitor Not Included): Computers or Walmart.com: iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power WA591D3 Desktop PC with AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Processor, Blu-ray Drive, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium (Monitor Not Included): Computers first off i'll be getting a higher end graphis card for it not long after i buy one of these so thats not a problem but, the 955 doesnt look to be a black edition and the 720 is....in time i want to over clock the chip and heard the black edition ones are easy to do so and not sure if the same would be true for the 955 one which looks to not be a black edition.....what are ya guys thoughts on it? thanks

The 955 is definitely a Black Edition chip. The 955 is also a quad-core whereas the 720 is a triple-core. Almost all AMD chips will over-clock, From the Athlon 64 to the bulldozer. The 720 bundle is generally better spec in every area other than the chip. It's a shame you can't get the 720 bundle and put the 955 in it lol. Also neither bundle specifies the motherboard it uses, which is always annoying.

thanks vuys...i guess i can call them and ask them what motherboad the 955 one has....best buy.com has them and a few others but some dont say black edition so its hard for me to figure out and asking them is no help lol

Back
Top Bottom