new hardware same OS

I would partition your current hdd so that you have all your current files on one partition and all the blank space on another. This way you can install windows on that blank partition and keep all your data on the other. And when you get around to it delete all the files on the old partition that use to be used to run windows. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

Use Partition Magic, it costs money. But there may or may not be illegal ways of obtaining it without paying for it that works just as well; but I would not advise you to do since its illegal.

I would partition your current hdd so that you have all your current files on one partition and all the blank space on another. This way you can install windows on that blank partition and keep all your data on the other. And when you get around to it delete all the files on the old partition that use to be used to run windows. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

Use Partition Magic, it costs money. But there may or may not be illegal ways of obtaining it without paying for it that works just as well; but I would not advise you to do since its illegal.

well i have a second hd that i can save my files on but my other question would be, the second one i got from an old comp (30gb) and i have had this other one for a lil while (80gb) should i put windows on the smaller one and save all my other files to the 80?

I upgraded my mobo and ram with the same HD and copy of windows, i got a validation error and had to call microsoft to authenticate it. This is a problem if any of you have already used your OS disk more then once.

I would reinstall windows onto your biggest drive, and keep the small one for odds and sods, Ive just done this very recently, put a 160 in and kept my old 40 as storage, first thing I did was put the bare minimum on my new drive then make a ghost back up of it and put it on the old one, restring from another hdd to hdd is much faster than restoring from a disc, but you should always keep a back up on a disc as a spare encase your other drive fails.

Back
Top Bottom