New Hardware Problems

sbviper90

Solid State Member
My old computer fried. So I broke down and got a lot of new stuff. I got a ASUS AMD690G Mother Board, AMD X2 5200 2.6G CPU, 2 GB DDR Ram, and an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Video Card.

I installed all of the hardware and installed all of the drivers. Each time I rebooted my computer I got the ASUS screen where I can press Del for settings, the a black screen that said: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter. I talked to some people and they said that I need Windows XP64 since I updated my cpu. I got Windows xp64 and I still have the same problem.

The only way I can run the computer is to press Del at the ASUS screen the exit settings without saving. After that it loads windows like it would normally.

Any idea what I could do to fix this?

Do you have any cds in your cd/dvd drive? Possibly trying to boot it up. Also you can try changing your boot settings in bios and set it up to boot off the hard drive as #1 or what ever to make it stop tring to boot up the system disk, see if that will work.

Hope it works.

Did you reinstall Windows after you bought all the new hardware? If you didn't then this is probably the reason. You should try inserting the Windows disc, making sure that you are set to boot from your disc drive in the BIOS, restart, then when it boots from the Windows CD, select repair my PC. If this doesn't work then you'll have to reinstall Windows. And BTW, if you any version of Windows XP previously, those people were wrong, you don't need XP 64 bit.

Jason - I do not have any cd's in the drive when I boot up the pc. I also went into my BIOS and it had Removable Drives as number 1. So I switched it to hard drive, cd rom, then removable. I still get the same problem.

Worshipme - I installed all of the new hardware and then reformatted with my older version of XP. I got that message so I reformatted with XP64. Last night I reformatted everything to XP64, then I installed the software for the motherboard, vid card, and everything else. I still get that error message.

Back
Top Bottom