New hardware from now to spring?

rakedog

Fully Optimized
I am planning on building a nice server box this christmas, but I'm worried that it might get outdated fast because of new releases. Are there any significant new hardware releases from like christmas on out that I should wait for. I really don't feel like delaying the purchases any longer, because I really need the server. So basically, two questions:

From now until...let's say xmas, are there any new hardware releases that I should consider?

and 2) from xmas on to like march, are there any significant hardware parts coming out?

Keep in mind this is a server, so i don't need a good video card!! (even though sometime around april or may, i plan to put in a nice video card and sound card and use the computer for gaming, but that doesn't matter right now)

Well they are coming out with dual core CPU's in Q1 so you may want to wait till then depending on your budget.

From all reports they should own the server market for the next few years. Possibly high end desktops as well.

That is the only real huge advancement for servers in that timespan though.

Okay, 1 grand is way over my price range so forget about it. So an athalon 64 3400+ will still be 'advanced' for a whilie right?

I suggest the Athlon 3500+ I really like mine. Get one with a Winchester core if you go with the Athlon.

yeah they havent come out with a 3$00 939 CPU you either will have to get a 754 one or get a 3200

Back
Top Bottom