New Harddrive

mikehawk

Solid State Member
I installed my new harddrive and put my OS CD in and all I get is a blinking cursor. Could the jumper settings be wrong or am I missing something.
any help please?

if it matters its a Seagate HardDrive. Asus AV8 mobo and an AMD64 3800+ 2.40ghz 1GB DDR2 Ram and Nvidia GeForce 6200 512mb ddr2

Is there anything on the hard drive , and yeah check the jumper settings and are there any usb storeage devices plugged in

also is the boot order set to CD drive and not the hd in the bios

no the hard drive is empty, the jumper settings are correct and I cant get into the bios settings it doesnt tell me what to hit I have a PW right when you turn it on so when I turn it on I enter my PW and hit enter and I get the blinking cursor

u get no bios flash ?

try resetting your CMOS through your motherboard there should be jumpers somewhere or remove your battery for bout 5 - 10 mins or if u have the patience overnight.

First make sure you have the OS dvd in the dvd room drive. 2nd right after your motherboard posts hit f8 to load your boot device manager. Scroll down to the DVD drive that contains your OS. Hit enter and it should start the DVD. It will say hit any key to boot from DVD hit any key and proceed with install.

If its doing nothing is the hard drive spinning? If not its possible its DOA. Otherwise refer to the manual and check the jumper settings.

Also is this a sata drive or IDE drive?

I know this might sound stupid, but you never know.

Can your optical drive read the type of disk that you have? I mean, if you have a DVD and it is a CD drive, something along those lines might cause the problem.

It's an ATA hard drive, Im not getting the mobo splash screen just the prompt for the system password. if I start it up without the HDD connected it says no hard drive present.

Oh, nevermind then. I thought you meant that your OS wasn't loading from disk.

Back
Top Bottom