New Hard Drive Questions

ravioliiiii

Baseband Member
I just purchased a new 1TB hard drive from Amazon. I currently have a shitty 75gb hard drive. I'm not sure if I have the space for it, but if I do, I'd like to keep the old hard drive for extra space.

My question is how do I go about backing up the contents of my old hard drive (itunes iPhone back-ups, etc....) without backing up the operating system? I currently have XP, but want to install Windows 7 on the new hard drive. Should I back up the old hard drive, install the new hard drive (if I have the space) or replace my old hard drive with the new hard drive, and then install Windows 7 on it? I need to figure out logistics, so if someone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best,
Newest Member

What about my operating system? If I back up my old hard drive, can I install the new hard drive, install Windows 7, and then restore from the old hard drive?

Great. Thanks.

Just to clarify: When I back-up my old hard drive, it will only back up FILES, not OS. Then I am free to install the new HD, install Windows 7, and restore the files from the back-up onto my new HD?

Back
Top Bottom