New Hard Drive

chris9486

Beta member
Hi,
I bought a new 250GB HDD for my laptop (plus a usb external case). I am wanting to put the install on it that came with the laptop. I am aware I would need to copy the hidden partition on the current drive to the new one (via the usb case) and then hide it to be able to use the product recovery disk.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks for that, I have had a read of the instructions. A little confused. So if I were to use that to clone that 'hidden' partition to a cd? (it doesn't state where you clone it to) and then put the new HDD in and run the boot disc and then restore that image to the new drive, it should work?

I think if you were to copy it would make an exact copy of the hard drive including partitons unless for some reason it sees the second hidden partition as a whole new drive seperate from the first partition

I have another option that my friend has just told me about. I can connect this 2nd hard drive via usb and make a 2GB partition on it, use a program to unhide my hidden partition, put the stuff from it in the 2GB partition on the 2nd hard drive by usb also hide it and then put that in the place of my current HD and then reboot using the recovery disc.

Would downloading a Vista disc be illegal considering I have a full paid for license that came with my laptop?

Also would it even accept the key with it being a toshiba pre installed laptop?

i also think u can get a trial version of norton ghost which is more straight forward

Back
Top Bottom