New Graphics Card Problem

Mike89

In Runtime
I just got my new Radeon 9200 128mb graphics card today and im not sure it is the right one. Im reading the box and it says "your radeon 9200 series has enhanced the Tv output design by including S-video and composite (RCA) cannectors on teh card". I dont want a TV output card i want one thast will make my graphics better for online games, will this card do it? Then to double check i went to the ATI sie and found this http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/ which says that it increases the gaming experience. i dont want to put it in my PC until i know what it does.

Thanks
-Mike

Well to todays standards, most people will be upgrading to a new card if they had the one you just got. It will be good for older games, but dont expect a great improvment that you might have expected. Unless you were using integraded graphics. Card manufactures really should stop saying that on there sites after a while, because it missleads unexperienced people into thinking there getting a state of the art graphics card that can run all recent games flawlessly. Which it was, a couple years go.

Well good guess, I do have Integrated graphics and i can't stand them. I'm 15 and don't have a job so this is what i got, i'm not looking for anything amazing just something that is going to let me play a game better. My friend has this card and its looks OK.

Thanks for answering

P.S-What about the TV-output part?? Is that just an option?

yes this card will do it.. you probably got the all in wonder pro.. no biggy. you got the better version of the card ;)

Plus, if you do have a TV, and decide to play DVDs on your computer or alot of videos, you could use the TV to spread the videos or DVD's onto, to view them while doing other things on your monitor :)

"Increases the gaming experience"

Thats just an advertising ploy, and all new cards to them would do that :p Though you should get okay frame rates with some games, and it'll be much better than your in-built video chip, so you'll notice a big jump!

Back
Top Bottom