New Graphics Card

Teris

Baseband Member
I've been looking around for a new graphics card since my ATI 5870 started kindly giving me artifacts. I've got about £200-250 to spend on a card and I just dont know what to go for...

I'm very open to multiple cards and can support CrossfireX and SLI on my board and have a strong enough power supply; I also have no real prefrence between ATI and Nvidia.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers all!

If the max you can spend is 250, you can afford the Geforce 570 (4 quid above budget at £254), but the Geforce 560ti is still a good card at a figure of around £180, and seems to only differ by around 10fps from what I can figure:
GeForce GTX 560 Ti vs GeForce GTX 570 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

The AMD (ATI) 6950 is well within your budget also, at around £230.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti vs Radeon HD 6950 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

The 560ti seems to be beat it however in quite a few games by the looks of that, at least in real world terms.

If I were you, I would save some cash, and get the 560ti :)

Cheers Kage. I will ponder on your recomendations, might well be the 560ti i go for.

I second the 560 Ti recommendation. The 6950 just doesn't have enough consistent performance for me to recommend it over the Ti 560. Both are fine cards however.

Back
Top Bottom