New graphic card, no screen on bootup

phishy

Solid State Member
So I built this new comp and just finished putting it together. Everything powers and all but I get no signal from my monitor. The fan on the video card starts up as well but I don't get any picture. I'm just looking @ a blank screen. Also theres no beeps when I start up so it can't be a bad install. Any advice? I can try to swap for a PCI card but I don't have any spares >_< I'm back on my old system while I get some help on this issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229

Bah I've never had to mail anything back before :( I hope this goes well. Would a DOA mobo still power up tho?

Depends. I have seen some dead mobos that still allowed fans to spin but nothing else. However, before I would send things out to get a replacement I would try to figure out what is doing this.

Do the following if it is at all possible:
Start with putting your video card in a different comptuer and see if it gives video. If the second computer gets video out of this card, then we know that is good.

Get different RAM and put that in your system and see if you get any video.
If you get video with different RAM in your system we know your RAM is bad.

If both the video card, and RAM problems are-disproved, then we can look at your motherboard as the cause of the problem.

New egg is good with RMAs. If you bought it Retail, then they will definitely replace it or refund it.

However if it was OEM... that's another story.

Back
Top Bottom