new gpu setup

i will not recommend 4 graphic cards. cards heating each other and your room, power use. electricity bill.
having 2 cards increases fps by 20 - 50 % having 3 is like 10 - 20 % more. having 4 adds only an extra 5 - 10 % performance boost.

did you know that a 6970 IS a 6950 just locked?
you can unlock the 6950 to become a 6970. buy 2 of those and unlock them. or 3 if you realy want. but dont waste money on a no. 4 card.

well i like the gigabyte 6970 oc this card has the (windforce or tri fan) on it but if it is possible i could buy it of ebay or someone who is willing to sell and put on a 6950 (2gb ofcourse)

i could buy the heatsink of the (gigabyte 6970 oc ) off anyone?? i like it better than the blowwer style fan plz let me know. i will put on a 6950 the unlock does put out more heat. i want the 2gb version.

and hey the 3 fan is here
Gigabyte Announced Radeon HD 6970 OC2 Graphics Card | TheTechJournal.com
vs
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card Overclocked - Card, Specifications and Overclocking :: TweakTown USA Edition

i dont know if you can buy the fan only.
but if you realy want that fan go for the gigabyte 6970.
then you also dont have to deal with the trouble of unlocking it. just start your overclocking ^^
good choose of 6970. i have heard good things about gigabytes windforce.

i have no idea when that serie is comming out.
i will go for A and safe some money for same performance as B (unlocking), i know that i am missing that awesome FAN but.. i think i will do without. but it's up to you.

when i bought my gtx 570 i also was looking at the 6950 and the GTX 560. i kinda like nvidia most. but that card where more expensive (same price as 5970). if i should go 1 step lower, i would have gotten the 5950.
btw, i just LOVE the new AMD Radeon controlle panel. the old one just sux in my opinion. i have a laptop with AMD radeon in it.

well yea another 100 then i can get gigabyte 6970 oc.
but how does the evga gtx 570 compare?? mabie another option!

they are very similar.
tjek out some benchmarks.
some games the 6970 goes getter and some games it does not.
in many cases where the 6970 wins is becouse it has 700MB more memory witch is clearly an advantage.
but one thing the gtx 570 has as an avantage is that it does not run as hot as the 6970. around 10C lower temp. so less need of that cooler you want.

if you do deside to get the gtx 570, then take my advise and DONT get the evga gtx 570 "HD" version. that HD version does not overclock as well as the standard version. it dont have the reference PCB.
it is smaller and it has a full size HDMI and a displayport. so thats nice... but it does not overclock as well because that it has ben redesigned and therefor there is no support to raise the volt on the GPU core = less overclock result.

Until you get a monitor that is capable of displaying a huge resolution, you'll never see a full benefit from using CF/SLI. FYI. I've done both CF and SLI, and it's just not worth it for 95% of the stuff out there, more so if you don't have a monitor that can fully leverage the cards. But hey, it's your money to throw away.

Back
Top Bottom