New gFX

WOOT

I totally forgot about vsync...thanks a million...probably would have never remembered that;

fyi, fps_max was already set, and developer imo is pointless,

but anyways again I totally forgot about vsync (and thats usually one of my first tweaks to any new card >,<

thanks for all the help !!

off to pWn some newbs :D

How do you get it to show the FPS? I used fraps but it doesnt always show. And how do you go into the console to type FPS_max_120 in other games like halo, or Battlefront 2?

superman22x said:
How do you get it to show the FPS? I used fraps but it doesnt always show. And how do you go into the console to type FPS_max_120 in other games like halo, or Battlefront 2?
In Halo, you need to enable the console, then press ~
To enable console, right-click your shortcut, and go to Properties. Under Target, after the quotes, type -console

I think the actual settings to control the FPS are in the display settings menu though.

In BF2, it's ~ as well. And the command is:
game.lockFps [framerate]

For some reason my video card (the one in sig) gets a solid 100fps in CS1.6 but my friends NVIDIA 7900GTX OC edition only gets 60.

I think it has something to do with Nvidia.

Becasue I also seen other people with NVIDIA cards and they cap out at 60fps.

yeh my 7600gs with bf2 on med/low graphics caps out at 100fps in an empty server (80 in multiplayer)..but ive seen it hit over 100fps only once...and it was 103fps...so should i look into turning my vsync off?...and its just in the nvidia control panel?

Try turning off Vsync. With Vsync on, you can only put out as many frames as the refresh rate of your monitor, which is probably set to 60. Xiggy, I wouldn't turn it off if you aren't having lag/fps problems, because things look better.

well i set my hz rate in the game at 85...so it should go higher then 100?...also i am tending to get a little jumpy fps kinda like from 90 to 70....ALSO!

i checked through my stuff and it showed that my game is auto done with antistrophic filtering at 8x..and anti aliasing at 4x...if i turned these down in nvidia settings would it let it run faster? thanks!@

Back
Top Bottom