New gear

freestyler105

Golden Master
Ordered the following last night:

150 GB Raptor X with clear case, I guess I could've gotten the regular for $10 cheaper, but the clear case has got to be awesome in action...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136011
wd_raptor_x.jpg

Razer Barracuda Sound Card - I needed something to give my Logitech Z5500's the quality they deserve :p
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829153001
4112.jpg

New Samsung SATA DVD burner, 18X...bought it for the SATA (smaller cable) and Lightscribe. My girlfriend asked me to burn her a CD for her birthday, so I figured a Lightscribe one would be pretty neat. Anyone here ever use Lightscribe before??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827151141
325416.jpg

Good Choice on the HDD
Good Choice on the DVD
So So Choice on the sound card.

I have Lightscribe, and its cool. To be honest i only used it likes 3 times, after that i kind of lost interest in it..but first u need Lightscribe CD's/DVD's u cant use the regular once (Lightscribe cost more), and it can take some time to burn the image.

Why did u decide to go with the Razer Barracuda Sound Card? and not the X-FI??? When i was getting my Sound card + headphones I did so much research, and now im kind of an expert on sound cards lol. I mean the card is ok, but you could of gatten more with X-Fi.

Cheers

Yeah, there was a combo deal with the DVD drive for $5 off some Lightscribe DVDs.

Creative drivers suck. The Barracuda got great reviews. It was only $170 on newegg. The Barracuda has much better specs than most of the X-Fis. Besides that, it looks awesome and the good X-Fis are hard to find.

They're very similar. The Barracuda actually has a higher SNR. The EMI shield on the Barracuda is a nice feature (blocks interference). The Creative comes with a lot more stuff (remote, console, etc) though. The Razer is optimized for gaming, which is the main purpose of this PC.

I would also say it's $100 more expensive. Considering the cost factor, I'd say the Barracuda is better.

wow that raptor looks very nice , i have seen them on dispaly at the pc shop but they are only realy serve there purpose if you have a window on the side of your case or a fully transparent case

They're very similar. The Barracuda actually has a higher SNR. The EMI shield on the Barracuda is a nice feature (blocks interference). The Creative comes with a lot more stuff (remote, console, etc) though. The Razer is optimized for gaming, which is the main purpose of this PC.

I would also say it's $100 more expensive. Considering the cost factor, I'd say the Barracuda is better.

X-Fi's sound, well erm not so great

Good Choice on the HDD
Good Choice on the DVD
So So Choice on the sound card.

I have Lightscribe, and its cool. To be honest i only used it likes 3 times, after that i kind of lost interest in it..but first u need Lightscribe CD's/DVD's u cant use the regular once (Lightscribe cost more), and it can take some time to burn the image.

Why did u decide to go with the Razer Barracuda Sound Card? and not the X-FI??? When i was getting my Sound card + headphones I did so much research, and now im kind of an expert on sound cards lol. I mean the card is ok, but you could of gatten more with X-Fi.

Cheers

Theirs far more to a sound card than specs. For example tube amps have some of the lowest specs around, but are considered the premium amp for nice warm sound :)

Not yet...I decided to wait until after Crysis comes out to get a new video card. Then I'll be positive it can max out Crysis instead of gambling on it now.

My X1800XT runs pretty much anything current now anyways.

Back
Top Bottom