New Gaming PC

john23b

Beta member
I know you all probably get this a lot, but I was wondering if you could help me build my new gaming PC. One of my friends knows everything about computers, but he just doesn't have the time to help me get all the stuff I need for it; he only has the time to actually build it. I really don't know much about computers except that you need a motherboard, processor, hard drive, RAM, video card, sound card, etc., so I'm hoping if I give you guys my budget you could help me out. I am wanting to spend around $1000-$1200 and this budget does include a new monitor. I am really hoping this is enough to run video games on max settings and I want this to last me a good 4-5 years before I have to upgrade my hardware. Is this possible? Also, if you guys could help me find a monitor that would that would fit within that budget along with the hardware I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Welcome to CF! You should first start with a case because that's really personal preference. You're most likely going to get a mid or full ATX tower so anyone here can suggest parts and they should fit within your budget. A good computer case usually runs anywhere from $75-$150 for your average, and sometimes very good, cases.

May I suggest:
$ 99.99 Case: Newegg.com - Thermaltake Soprano DX VE7000BNS Black 0.8mm SECC Chassis/ Aluminum Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
$221.98 CPU+Motherboard: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
$ 59.99 RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
$209.99 GPU: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
$134.99 SSD: Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$ 84.99 HD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$129.99 PSU: Newegg.com - Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ATX 12V v2.3, EPS 12V v2.91 CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$ 20.99 CD/DVD Burner: Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners
$129.99 Monitor: Newegg.com - Asus VW226T-TAA 22" 1680x1050 WideScreen LCD Monitor Built-in Speakers 50000 :1 250 cd/m2

The sound cards are onboard and there's really no need for a 3rd party sound card, unless you need it: and if you don't know if you need it or not... you don't need it.

EVrything seems nice but i suggest more RAM... smooth comp vs unsmooth if u mutiitask a lot

Stick with everything on that list

Personal preference for me would be to remove the 130 dollars of ssd and either devote that into a larger screen, or a nice mouse, keyboard, etc. [Personally find that 140ish is a waste of money just to have my os spin up 5 seconds quicker, but to each their own].

I highly recommend the Caviar Blacks, they do work and you can pick them up for the cost of a new t-shirt these days.

You also need to equate in an os, I would personally look into Windows 7 Professional or Home Edition, and make sure it is a 64-bit os so that you can enjoy all 8GB of ram :)

Personal preference for me would be to remove the 130 dollars of ssd and either devote that into a larger screen, or a nice mouse, keyboard, etc. [Personally find that 140ish is a waste of money just to have my os spin up 5 seconds quicker, but to each their own].

I highly recommend the Caviar Blacks, they do work and you can pick them up for the cost of a new t-shirt these days.

You also need to equate in an os, I would personally look into Windows 7 Professional or Home Edition, and make sure it is a 64-bit os so that you can enjoy all 8GB of ram :)

+1 Good feedback

Back
Top Bottom