New to Forum and need computer help

mandimac

Beta member
I have been having probs with a virus and have decided to start again from Backups made with Norton's Ghost, I am a real novice when it comes to anything technical as far as my computer goes and I need help please.

If I format my Hard Drive by typing in Type: format C: /s.
Can I still use the backup cds created with Norton Ghost to reinstall all info back onto my hard drive.

After formatting can I reboot system using Ghost Rescue disk and then just follow prompts or because I'll be using Me do I need an Me boot disk?

if you format your computer, you will need to reinstall your OS, which I believe is windows. After that, you can reinstall any backed-up data, but I don't know how norton ghost works, so I can't get too specific. sorry.

Itsme

Like Itsme said, it depends if norton ghost backed up your whole hard drive or just your personal data. What operating system are you using? E.g. Windows XP Home

I am running Windows Me and have backed up my whole system using Norton's Ghost after installing it for the first time on my system.

it doesn't seem likely that ghost would back up the actual OS, but I can't be certain. You should pop those discs into another computer and see whats on them. If you see something about windows ME, then i guess it might have backed it up, but I think that your best bet would be to find your Winodws ME install disk.

Itsme

Back
Top Bottom