New forum member here with a question

ct_roll

Solid State Member
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone that uses this board. From the looks of it there are many intellegent,well inmformed people here.

I would like to know where i can find a free virus scanner for my computer. I've tried ad-aware and spyware doctor, but they are not that reliable. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Um, now what are you looking for? You ask for a VIRUS scan but you say you've tried SPYWARE scans...

A good antivirus program that is free is AVG. There's a Pro version that you can pay for, but I don't know the advantages right off...I just use the free one on all my computers.

Oh, sorry about that. I'm trying to find a program that can remove all the bullsh!t ads and the such from my pc. I'm not to sure what I should use.

welcome to the forum!
I am not at my computer right now or I would post the links: you will have to google for them
spywareblaster.......stops a lot of garbage from installing on your computer
spybot S&D.... one of the best anti malware/spyware tools available
AdawareSE what spybot misses this one gets works great togeather
Ccleaner.....cleans temp files and dat files along with applications that nay have been installed .is normally called "crap cleaner" because it removes the crap
spider116....another temp and dat cleaner that also removes the hidden urls that are placed on your pc by cookies and such
winpatrol......"scotty" will watch over and notify you of any thing that has tried to change your registry and is also a great start-up manager and bho controller
I personnally use everyone of these and have been for years....they are all free and they work great

I'm gonna go and d/l some of the programs suggested and see what happens. Thanks guys!

Welcome to CF! I see Wombat has already assisted you in this matter, therefore, Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom