New Flat-Pannel Screen or External HDD?

Xomphos

Baseband Member
Hi!

I am looking to make one of two much desired upgrades soon, either add an external 320 GB MyBook HDD for $99, or add a flat-pannel monitor in replacement of my CRT monitor. Here is my setup:
METALMARIO5

These are my specs:
Desktop:
HP Brand
1.6gHz Intel Pentium 4
512mb ram
Geforce4 with 64mb video ram
80GB internal HDD
30GB internal HDD
DVD drive
CD-RW Drive
USB 2.0
Laptop:
Dell Inspiron
1.4 or 1.6gHz Intel Pentium 4
256mb ram
Some ATI video card with 16mb video ram I think
30 GB internal HDD
DVD drive
Floppy Drive
USB 1.1
So, which would you say would benifit my setup more?

Thanks! :D

What do you use the computers for?? I would really suggest upgrading the desktop's video card more than anything.

Only get the external hard drive if you really need the extra space.

LCD monitors are a nice upgrade, but not really necessary.

nah i wouldnt upgrade the viid cad cos it dosent look like you use it for too much gaming

if i where you i would get what i need so if you need the external HD get that otherwise get the LCD

Well yeah, if you do not desperately need the storage, get the monitor now. Just as a side point, where did you find a flat-panel monitor for $99?

Well yeah, if you do not desperately need the storage, get the monitor now. Just as a side point, where did you find a flat-panel monitor for $99?

First, thanks for the suggestion (and to everyone else who has replied), but I was talking about the HDD is $99, not the monitor. :D I would probably be getting either a 20" or a 22" within the $200-$300 price range.

If you do get a monitor, I would recommend the Dell 2007WFP. 20.1" and a bit pricier than most monitors that size, but excellent quality.

Back
Top Bottom