New Fan Controller?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
So, I was reading up on the stats on my Zalman fan controller, and apparently it only handles 7W/channel. Well, that's a problem if that's a firm number because I have my ultra kaze (which is apparently 10watts if I converted right...it's .6amps) and my slipstream is almost 9 watts (.53amps). Plus, I have 3 other fans spliced/daisied together which add up to 7.2watts on another channel. And then the last variable channel has my GPU fan on it, which I'm sure is fine. So I'm guessing I should probably get a different darn fan controller, eh? No use in blowing this one up (though that's probably unlikely). :confused:

I was thinking of getting this. If no one has any warnings about why not to get it, I'll grab it with my next newegg order so shipping is reasonable. I've good stuff about this one and /channel wattage is 30, which is wonderful.

I "blew" a fan controller trying to run two of my UK's off the same channel.
It wasn't very spectacular. In fact, it still worked when I hooked some 1200RPM fans up to it.

If it's working now, don't bother buying a new one.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that power supply woes didn't have any remote possibility to do with that. Since the first one worked for three days before going kaput (this was before the new fans though, I guess so...), and the second one turned on once, but never again (with the new fans). But the controller was working (as far as I could tell) both times just fine. Plus it's only 3 watts. I never my fans at full speed anyways, so...I suppose that's not as big of a deal. I mean, they are only over by like 3 watts.

Back
Top Bottom