New desktop (CAD and gaming)

cleggy

Beta member
Hi,

I'm putting together my first completely new desktop. This will be used for CAD modelling, casual gaming and occasional sound production.

So far I've got this together:
Intel i5 760 2.8GHz 8Mb cache Arctic cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2
Palit GTX 460 Sonic 1GB
Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Gigabyte GA P55 socket 1156
WD Caviar Black 1TB 64MB cache 7200rpm
Arctic Power 700W power supply

My main uncertainty has been around the graphics card, but any suggestions at all would be really helpful.

looks like a good system for me. The only thing more I can recommend is a solid state hard-drive, buy a good 64gig one and install your OS on it and then install your programs + Kepp your data on your 1TB drive

looks like a good system for me. The only thing more I can recommend is a solid state hard-drive, buy a good 64gig one and install your OS on it and then install your programs + Kepp your data on your 1TB drive

Thanks for the advice. If I used an SSHDD for OS, I could presumably go for a less high performance mechanical drive (ie. WD Caviar Green instead of Caviar Black...)?

my budget is about £650 (live in UK). the components above plus case, DVD etc come to right around 650. I'll take a look at that RAM (although can't use the Newegg offer, thanks anyways). I was going to go with 4GB and windows 32bit but should I go for 6GB+ and 64bit?

Thanks for the advice. If I used an SSHDD for OS, I could presumably go for a less high performance mechanical drive (ie. WD Caviar Green instead of Caviar Black...)?

my budget is about £650 (live in UK). the components above plus case, DVD etc come to right around 650. I'll take a look at that RAM (although can't use the Newegg offer, thanks anyways). I was going to go with 4GB and windows 32bit but should I go for 6GB+ and 64bit?

if your going do alot of cad work i would go with 6gb but i would go with a 64 bit OS period anyways

Back
Top Bottom