New CPU paste...

I generally dont like to take my cpu temp over 50 degrees C but in weather like this its getting harder to keep the temps down.
That looks better than they were though, just try not to let it get too close to 60.

They're fine, with the temperatures were getting at the moment, everyone's computers will be getting hot.

The CPU fans so much louder now though...

Its like at 5700RPM at the moment, and thats LOUD.

Temp for the CPU is idle at 53 degrees C... I mean, I only have Firefox open.

I guess the weather is something to do with it though, but I'm definietly going to get a new heatsink/fan now. I just wish I didn't have to remove the motherboard to do so on some models.

Umm..my P4, with a fan a @ 2500RPM - load, at about 45C. Something wrong there..

Do you have good airflow, especially a good intake/outtake?

Well the temperature of the room itself is already hitting 31 degrees C.

I have just fitted the side of the case on, and I don't think its any better for it.

I have one 120mm fan drawing air in at the front, but its full of dust, and this case I have doesn't seem to have any way of getting to the filter?... Its like the Aerocool case, but its not theres I don't think.

http://www.3dxtreme.net/images/reviews/Aerocool Jetmaster Jr/pic1.jpg

But its not the same, but the fan at the bottom is the same. I picked up the case from a computer fair, so its probably been cheaply made or something.

There is also one 80mm fan at the back pushing air out (there was two but one failed).

The PSU also has an intake one too which pushes out at the back.

I need a way of cleaning that filter really, but there really doesn't seem to be any way of doing it :(

I have tidied wires up and everything.

The one main thing causing that problem though, seems to be the 120mm fan vent.

There must be a way of getting to it...

I've cooled temps down by blowing a really loud big fan into the computer while the case is open.

I have got system temp down to room temp using this method (31 degrees C), PWM of CPU is 37 degrees C, and CPU's around idle at 49-50 degrees C.

EDIT:

I've decided to get the Artic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro. That should keep things cool :p

I also don't have to remove the old bracket from the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom