New conroe build, memory, motherboard, and PSU suggustions

:) Glad I could help. And, I have to agree, your friend is in due need for an upgrade!

Ownage I don't know you that well, it's just that I always pay attention to your posts because I know I can always learn something from them ;).

First off, this computer wont be top of the line or anything.. sooo yeah.. the budget price isn't in stone so I can't really give a number yet.

That, and this computer will not be doing any overclocking.. so really, I dont' want items picked based on how well it overclocks.... so yeah

Thanks for all the info, I was thinking that a board straight from intel would be a good idea for conroe anyway. :)

I don't know if i'll be able to get parts from another retailer other than newegg..

Well, the good thing about overclocking is that it gives you some overhead space. Like, if you ever wanted to, you dont have to go out and buy new parts. Its already there for you. Even if you dont want to, overclocking parts are usually a little higher quality and can take more of a beating, if you know what i mean.

If you cant order from anywhere else, then get the Corsairs, if you can, get the Team Group RAM from tankguys. The guys over there are very nice and will help you in any way possible. But i recommended the Team Group RAM because it uses good chips, thus some good overclocking potential, but just bump up the divider and a little VDimm, and that RAM will be flying while staying at the procesor's stock clocks.

Yepp, it should be compatable, if not, PM me and i will try to get it all sorted for you, as i know a person that hand tests RAM for Team himself. (BTW, he's an Xtreme Legend over @ XS, name is OPB (Onepagebook), he'll help you with Team RAM for sure)

Back
Top Bottom