new computers lack of sys. fan?will it create to much heat

For what you are going to use it for, heat should not be an issue and i think it is fine for what you say you are going to use it for

Judging from that processor, and the case size, it could get stinky in there, but as long as there are vents on the back and a decent CPU fan, I'd say you should be OK, but there's no harm in fitting a fan; they're very cheap and dead simple to fit, even for an amateur.

If you get that PC, be sure to stress test and check the temperatures, to have some peace of mind.

what is stress test & it could get stinky in there? also I'm adding a TV tuner card to a PCI slot.

for adding a fan to the back how will I know if there is a connection on the MOBO?

I went into the BIOS of my lap top and did'nt see any tempatures of either CPU or MOBO, do only desktop provide temp. info.?

Thanks for feedback

Almost every (if not all) computer/laptop has temperature sensors on them, as a matter of safety, if anything. Sometimes it takes the right sort of program to read them. For your laptop, try looking into software from the manufacturer that your laptop is from. Alternatively, give Open Hardware Monitor a go; I use it, and it's pretty damn awesome, so it should at least pick up some info. BTW, not every BIOS will display temperatures, although I would expect all modern ones to do that.

All motherboards come with 3/4 pin fan connectors. 3 pins apply a straight none-adjustable (by normal means) voltages (a set speed, basically) and 4-pins allow for PWM which allows you to adjust the speed more efficiently, through the OS. Where the pins are on the motherboard and how many fan connectors there are, is entirely a different matter. You'll want to find out if your motherboard has a 4-pin connector (with the exception of the CPU fan) and purchase the right size PWM (4-pin connector) fan, also make sure the wire is long enough. You probably won't have any issues, as it's all fairly simple stuff.

A stress test is a test that stresses components to find out whether the component is stable (practically essential when overclocking components) and to ascertain what sort of temperatures it will reach. Stress testing is most popular with processors, graphics cards, and RAM, as these are commonly overclocked; they are also important components regarding cooling. To stress test your CPU, make sure you're able to first view your temperatures, load up a CPU stress testing program (such as Core Damage, or Prime95) and watch those temps (specifically the CPU) for at least 10 minutes, with the program stressing to the max.

When I said it could get stinky in there, I meant that it could get quite warm in your case, because of it being small and having less airflow.

One last thing: make sure you put the fan on the right way around... the fan must extract air out the rear of the case.

You're welcome, Sir Brain.

well I ordered the new PC gave $375. free shipping. what do you Guys think a fair deal on fairly new techonogly? brand new there are $600.

expect it end of next week.

this is the TV tuner I use w/ my Laptop.
Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q TV Tuner Stick/Hybrid Video Recorder with Remote Control 1191 USB 2.0 Interface

I will try it out on the new PC before I obtain a PCI type TV tuner,

what I'm concerned w/ about this USB tuner is also heat related this little thing gets extremely hot, I haven't used it much I kindof suspend it in air when in use. what do you Guy's think of the hot USB tuner?
Thanks STB

Judging from that processor, and the case size, it could get stinky in there, but as long as there are vents on the back and a decent CPU fan, I'd say you should be OK, but there's no harm in fitting a fan; they're very cheap and dead simple to fit, even for an amateur.

If you get that PC, be sure to stress test and check the temperatures, to have some peace of mind.
Stress test! What on earth for.... All computer components will work ok if installed correctly.
Two or three fans is ample for any computer, any more is for the paranoid or for overclockers who are still paranoid.

You don't understand.

My recommendation may have been overkill for their rig, but you'll notice I did say "for peace of mind"; there is no harm in having that.

BTW, it depends on the fans' RPM, quality, size, and location, including the case size, cable management, the case material, the room temperature, tower/desktop location, the components, and the list goes on.

EDIT:

There's an old saying that still holds true: "Better safe than sorry."

You don't understand.

My recommendation may have been overkill for their rig, but you'll notice I did say "for peace of mind"; there is no harm in having that.

BTW, it depends on the fans' RPM, quality, size, and location, including the case size, cable management, the case material, the room temperature, tower/desktop location, the components, and the list goes on.

EDIT:

There's an old saying that still holds true: "Better safe than sorry."
I do understand..... have been building computers for twenty years!!!

Back
Top Bottom