Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to DukeDuke Send a message via Yahoo to DukeDuke
Default A new computer won't power...

Hey, I am new to this site, and love it so far. I just need some help, my mom owns a paint store, and they switched over to a company who makes computers and does business setups. So, I got one of her computers that she never used, it is a clone, what is a clone? As well, as I plug it up and then go to power it up, and nothing comes up, no start up, no OS, nothing, I know it has XP on it. She said she turned it on a few times and it worked perfect, she just has no use for it, and I am always wanting a new computer. Can anyone help me with this? I thought that it might have been he HD because is was in CO or CS and not in master, so I changed that, but that didn't help. Can you help me please?

DukeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade
Default Re: A new computer won't power...

Honestly, I am not familar with the term clone, unless that refers to a PC intended to hook up to a "brain" PC to clone its commands to multitask or copy many many DVDs or CDs at the same time. That is the only case I have every heard of a PC called a clone. BUT anyways, many other might be able to help you with this. WELCOME TO CF!!!

DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to DukeDuke Send a message via Yahoo to DukeDuke
Default Re: A new computer won't power...

Thanks AMD, I trust someone who uses an AMD. Ha ha, no offence pentium guys, AMD guys stick together. However, I am not sure, I know she had a server, but I am still no understanding why it won't turn on. I figured it would atleast boot up. But I am getting nothing except "No Signal" so I am figuring, maybe it has something to do with the video card, but it is intergrated, so I dunno what it is. If you have any idea ANYONE, please help a newbie out! Thanks!
DukeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote