Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default New Computer Sucks Help Me Please!

Ok so I bought a computer from tiger direct and got it home today and first thing I noticed was that the hard drive was just flopping around in there, never secured. After I fixed that I hooked it up and only one of my displays was working, trying to run dual HDMI and only 1 works. I'm not as smart as most of you but could use some advise. I spent $2000 on this and I am now wondering if I should just reorder another as I think the 1 video card is defective. Can I do better for the money or is this a good deal? Im not that great at doing my own build so I would like to purchase a nice looking big comp on a $2000 budget. Any help would be great and here is a link to the one I just got.

chrisx28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: New Computer Sucks Help Me Please!

I instantly feel that a better spec rig could be built for the same amount of money. And at least you know it will be put together properly; no hanging hard drives.

I think you will have to go into the ATI video driver, Catalyst Control Center(?), and set up the dual display. So don't write it off yet.

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Default Re: New Computer Sucks Help Me Please!

dual hdmi? you mean you have one monitor plugged into each card? Or are you using a converter?

if crossfirex is enabled, only one card will be able to drive monitors.
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote