New computer, problems getting her going

shiNer45

Solid State Member
hey there guys, well i got all the parts for my computer and had no trouble putting things together,

but now im having a real hard time with getting windows on the new hard drive, and with messages popping up

i installed the components and cable to the T , just like it said in the manuals, but when the computer starts up it tells me a warning that says something like " WARNING an ultra ata66 device (or faster) has been detected on the ata 33 cable, plugged into the secondary ...."

ive tried all confiurations with the cables and i get the same result, so im assuming it may be the cable, are there different IDE cables out there? i used the one that came with the motherboard

Im also having trouble getting windows XP on the new drive, ive used the data lifeguard tools and partitioned it as per the instructions, but when i try to get windows on i get a bunch of errors, a blue screen, "NTLDR is missing"

ive gotten as far as the main setup for windows then it will blue screen telling me windows setup has shutdown so it will not damage my computer

heres what im working with:

western digital 160 GB hard drive
asus P5AD2 -E Premuim motherboard

all the other stuff seems ok

also anyone know whats up with the RAID configuration stuff, as far as i can tell me with one hard drive wouldnt need it, seems to be for multiple hard drives

anyway thanks for anyones time

:confused:

maybe they are not talking properly have you tried entering the bios? Anyway is a an official copy of windows that your trying to install?

sounds like your HDD is to new for your mobo, b/c
of

"WARNING an ultra ata66 device (or faster) has been detected on the ata 33 cable"

try buying a new ata cable or a new mobo.

try installing the other drivers
thats what happened to me the drivers the asus manual tells you to dl arent the right ones you need to dl the other ones on the cd.

ok i got the ATA problem sorted it out, my fault, i was using the wrong cable

now its just the Raid drivers

i dont think my motherboard isnt new enough for my harddrive, it just came out a few weeks ago

im gonna check out the cd and see if anything is on there

ok i found the raid make disc program on the CD , and i made a floppy,

when installing WINXP i pressed F6 and then i installed the RAID drivers, all looked good, untill it said press enter to install windows, which i did and then it told me it could not detect my harddrive, and setup was quitting

anyone else know how to combat this, or what im doing wrong, ??

Back
Top Bottom