New Computer Help

Mirageboss

Baseband Member
Hey Folks,

The details:

Main Use: Radio Presenting (Streaming Music from my PC to a Shoutcast Radio), Online Games (Habbo Hotel), Skype etc.
Live: Western Australia, Australia
Price Range: Anything up to $800/900AUD

Right, so I am looking at getting myself either a new laptop or a Desktop PC. I currently have an Acer Aspire 5742G, but looking at getting a better either Desktop or Laptop.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions? I looked at Austin Computers but I can't find any of their "build your own" type of PCs where you can say to put this and that in the box. I even checked out Metabox which is one my mate suggested.

Any ideas/helpful suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy (Mirageboss)

You could save a ton of money if you build it yourself.
If you're going to do broadcasting might be better to go the desktop route. Laptop batteries don't like being left on charge all the time. Makes em lazy.
Some of the other members will have suggestions for what parts suite your needs. Have fun...

You could save a ton of money if you build it yourself.
If you're going to do broadcasting might be better to go the desktop route. Laptop batteries don't like being left on charge all the time. Makes em lazy.
Some of the other members will have suggestions for what parts suite your needs. Have fun...

Thanks! Yeah was thinking the same re: Desktop solution :)

Back
Top Bottom