I realize this is a hardcore forum and people make their own builds generally but I'm not so hardcore. I need a machine for audio production and for normal business-related purposes... Ever since I saw Coldcut using Dell laptops live on stage I figured they were OK by me, but I'm sure some people despise.
I just need some opinions on this build -- and see what I could do better, how I can get it cheaper, if that's a good deal to begin with, etc. etc. Also, they don't mention what mother board, guess cause it's crap?
Building it on my own isn't an option. I have to move pretty quickly.
Thanks in advance.
• Intel® Core™2 E8300 (6MB,2.83GHz, 1333FSB)
• Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1
• Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
• Video Card ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB
• Hard Drive 1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)
• Media Reader Dell 19 in 1 Media Reader with Bluetooth
• Optical Drive Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
• Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio