New Computer Build

Xcaliber

Solid State Member
Hey guys, i just built a new computere here are the specs...

Asus Formula Striker II Motherboard
Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor
Zalman 9700
4 gigs Ballistix 1066 memory
2 160gig Raptor drives in raid 0
1 250gig WD HD
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX
Thermaltake 1000watt powersupply
CoolerMaster Cosmos Case
Windows XP Pro

Everything installed great,simple and easy. i do have a few questions tho...im not sure that i have all the "updated" software installed for my CPU,Motherboard,GPU becuase i ran 3dmark06 on my pc and scored a 12,981. Is this a normal score for a computer with about my specs? anyways like in the bios under the overclocking tab there are a couple places that are greyed out that let me enhance the bus speed and memory timings and such. Anyone know of a good way to check and see if i have the latest drivers that i need for my motherboard, CPU, and GPU? you have to beat around the bush sooo much when you just brouse there website to see if there are updated drivers. Thanks for your time:)

For your GPU, the drivers are easy to find at Nvidia's site. And yes, that's the right score for your stock speed system, as for the areas greyed out, did you buy this from DELL or Gateway, as I hear they lock the BIOS so you can't overclock.

I built this system from the ground up its not any brand or anything. I just want to make sure that all the drivers i have are the most updated. And then start overclocking from there.....which overclocking tool are you using on yours? i see that you overclocked your q6600 to 3.4ghz..thanks for your info

Hey guys, i just built a new computere here are the specs...

Asus Formula Striker II Motherboard
Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor
4 gigs Ballistix 1066 memory
2 160gig Raptor drives in raid 0
1 250gig WD HD
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX
Thermaltake 1000watt powersupply
CoolerMaster Cosmos Case
Windows XP Pro

Everything installed great,simple and easy. i do have a few questions tho...im not sure that i have all the "updated" software installed for my CPU,Motherboard,GPU becuase i ran 3dmark06 on my pc and scored a 12,981. Is this a normal score for a computer with about my specs? anyways like in the bios under the overclocking tab there are a couple places that are greyed out that let me enhance the bus speed and memory timings and such. Anyone know of a good way to check and see if i have the latest drivers that i need for my motherboard, CPU, and GPU? you have to beat around the bush sooo much when you just brouse there website to see if there are updated drivers. Thanks for your time:)

Nice build man!

very soon I will be building a very simillar build (estimated cost $2700). Ic u have "2 160gig Raptor drives in raid 0" How loud are they?

you know surprisingly there not to loud...when i start doing things like gaming and any kind of applications..they will start to get alittle loud but when there sitting there idling...shoot not really any louder than my old PC...granted i did get the coolermaster cosmos case and it comes preinstalled with the padding on the inside to help keep it quiet

you know surprisingly there not to loud...when i start doing things like gaming and any kind of applications..they will start to get alittle loud but when there sitting there idling...shoot not really any louder than my old PC...granted i did get the coolermaster cosmos case and it comes preinstalled with the padding on the inside to help keep it quiet

U talking about "coolermaster cosmos 1000?" Why did u choose this case? What other case options were u looking at? did u consider "COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution"" Im trying to decided what case to get for my build.

Bad choice with the 8800GTX though, you should've gone with the 8800GTS G92 which is just as fast but cheaper plus it's more energy efficient.
which overclocking tool are you using on yours? i see that you overclocked your q6600 to 3.4ghz..thanks for your info
I use the BIOS, I only use OS'ed based software for monitoring temps and stress testing. I use PC Wizard 2008 and Prime95.

Back
Top Bottom