New computer advice

no the 3500+ will do anything you want no problem. if you get the AMD 3000+ and o/c it to 2.6 it will kick some ass, although doesnt have the 1mb L2 cache so wait for a few more opinions

a gaming machine huh? think about this stuff:

Neo 4 Platinum mobo SLI
AMD athlon64 3000+ (socket 939,winchester core)
2x6600gt's or 6800gt's
500w alien-x aspire
1gb ram
any case
74gb raptor hd

that right there would be an awesome setup...btw the alien-x aspire PSU lights up so you dont need led lights nor do you need an expensive case because you buy this psu seperate and cases dont cost alot without psu's

money_man said:
nope the 4000+ is 2.4ghz while the FX-55 is 2.6ghz but u were close alvino, i wouldnt spend the $600.00 on the 4000+ though when he could get the 3000+ and have it up to 2.6ghz in no time

Ghz don't matter, it's the cores they use and how they work that matters. That's one of the reasons why AMD is kicking Intel's ass :D

EDIT>>> The FX-55 uses the Clawhammer and the 4000+ uses the Sledgehammer core. Performance between them 2 are barely any different, except for the price tag :D The only diffference is that the 4000+'s multipliers are locked, therefore hindering its OC'ing performance. However, the FX-55's multipliers are factory unlocked, so you can get more out of it when you OC. Sorry, nice try though. :)

i thought the FX-55 uses sledgehammer and 4000+ uses clawhammer. And the AMD 64's are unlocked down. You can lower it, but cant raise it. Nice try Alvino

Well I'm not sure about the cores, but you basically put my words into detail on the part about the multipliers.

money_man said:
a gaming machine huh? think about this stuff:

Neo 4 Platinum mobo SLI
AMD athlon64 3000+ (socket 939,winchester core)
2x6600gt's or 6800gt's
500w alien-x aspire
1gb ram
any case
74gb raptor hd

Im buidling the computer around the x800 because I have it already.

So should i go for the no-named RAM or OCZ/Kingston Value Series stuff? Since I am not overclocking or anything.

Geil makes some good ram, u can pick up some pretty good shit for 110$ or 145$ if u want the ultra stuff....and get the MSI Neo4 fo sho, MSI KICKS ASS BABY!!

Get either ram from Corsair, OCZ, Geil, Mushkin, Crucial, or Kingston. There could be one more brand I'm forgetting, but those are the top RAM makers.

Back
Top Bottom