Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default new computer

i'm currently saving for a custom built computer, i should have the money by about november, but i will want the new os. apparently this is coming out end of this year or start of next, i do not know wether to hang on and get it installed with it, because will there be compatability issues? ty

rennard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: new computer

You can build a compatible rig for Windows 7, but when you build it, just install XP or whatever you already have just for the time being until 7 comes out and get that and upgrade it. No need to wait until 7 comes out before you build your rig. Drivers shouldn't be an issue because manufacturers will most likely have drivers for W7 soon after it comes out.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Baseband Member

i just wana make sure everything will work if i do that, like with any software? cos won't microsoft bring out new office with the os?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Golden Master

Well, right now I'm running Windows 7 beta on my laptop, dual boot, and everything I have runs just fine on it, also my drivers all work as well so you shouldn't have much to worry about there.

They'll probably come out with a new office, but you'd have to buy that separately anyway.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Yeah you could even try to get a beta version of 7 now and just upgrade when the public release comes out. Most of the bugs are worked out with the newest builds that have come out recently. The only thing is when windows 7 is released to the public it is probably going to cost a pretty penny as usual with new released microsoft OS's.

And if they do come out with a new version of Office it will be separate from the OS but im not sure if they are releasing another Office suite around the same time as Windows 7. but if they follow suit with the time frame of the other office releases they arent too far off from a new suite either...

I also have a beta version of 7 on my laptop and all my drivers and software work fine. the only program I have a problem with Ironically enough is the one I use the most which is Full Tilt Poker. It randomly crashes but it still works most of the time. But I am running build 7000 still which was released a long time ago and there is a few newer builds after that so they may have fixed it by now.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
Yeah you could even try to get a beta version of 7 now and just upgrade when the public release comes out. Most of the bugs are worked out with the newest builds that have come out recently. The only thing is when windows 7 is released to the public it is probably going to cost a pretty penny as usual with new released microsoft OS's.

And if they do come out with a new version of Office it will be separate from the OS but im not sure if they are releasing another Office suite around the same time as Windows 7. but if they follow suit with the time frame of the other office releases they arent too far off from a new suite either...

I also have a beta version of 7 on my laptop and all my drivers and software work fine. the only program I have a problem with Ironically enough is the one I use the most which is Full Tilt Poker. It randomly crashes but it still works most of the time. But I am running build 7000 still which was released a long time ago and there is a few newer builds after that so they may have fixed it by now.
Yeah, I'm using 7057 ultimate 64bit and everything works just fine. It's a tad bit buggy but what do you expect from a beta version....lol

Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Baseband Member

ok thanks guys, i'll do what you suggesteed then
Old 04-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
In Runtime

when are you going to build the computer

4fingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote