New Computer

Steff

Daemon Poster
Just received my bits for my computer I'm building.

AMD Sempron AM2 Socket - Prossesor
M2V Asus - MotherBoard
2 sticks of 512mb DDR2 - RAM
Asus EN7300GS - Graphics Card

Perfect for my usage but when they came, we put it together, turned it on and my luck it didnt work! Took the RAM out and it beeped fine. So what I'm thinking is the RAMS compatability, updating the BIOS maybe? Bit hard though when theres no other DDR2 RAM here haha, we checked everything else and the only thing it could be is the RAM, changed the graphics card, still no luck. We thought it could be the graphics card as the monitor wouldnt come on but obviously not, any other ideas? Thanks. :p

Have ya tried all RAM configurations. Such as 1 stick at a time and in different slots?

Could be the motherboard or even the power supply. Does the motherboard need another connection from the PSU you have'nt connected? i.e a 12v connection as well as the other one?

The psu is working because all the fans and stuff are working and it turns on just no bios comes up, and the motherboard also seems to be working.. as soon as we take the ram out bios gives us a beep ahh the stupid thing :p

Is there an extra power supply in that case you haven't rigged up to the motherboard?
I had it with mine, where the lights, fans, etc powered up, but I didn't plug in the ATX 12V connector, and so the computer didn't actually switch on like it was meant. It didn't finished the POST.

yea, everything is plugged where its supposed to be.. its a realy weird one this, im going to try and get some other ddr2 and try and update the bios see if that makes any difference with the memory.

dont think so i think it could be the ram, you could be right though :eek:

Back
Top Bottom