new computer

Robertlatacz

Solid State Member
I'm thinking about building a new pc from scratch but need to know what i can get for about £500 - £600. Would that get the intel core 2 duo, Good graphics card and about 2gb of ram plus all the usuals,e.g. casing, power supply.

ok.. i just did the exchange rate thing. so it's about 750 dollars USD... so with that..the cpu is about 230 dollars.. motherboard will be 100-150 dollars.. that's 380 dollars leaving you with 370 dollars. with 100 dollars you can buy a decent case/psu, leaving you with 270 dollars... 100 dollars can get you a decent video card... 7600gt? and another 80-100 dollars can get you a decent 250gb harddrive 7200.1rmps... that leaves you with 70 dollars.. for an operating system... and you have no ram...so... i'm not so sure if it's possible to make the system you're talking about with just 500-600euro.
is it euro? or british pounds, cuz if it's pounds it's quite a different story..

Its british pounds, I already have windows xp software so dont need to buy it again, What is the best component to spend the most money on to get the best performance?

Does Any one who lives in the u.k. know if its possible to get these components with my budget?

well spend most money on processor and video card. And its about 1000 american if you convert from pounds so you got more money.

by the way, are you polish? cuz of your last name :p

well...spend the most money on the gpu and cpu.. you wouldn't want a bottlenecked system. but.. pay attention to the power supply, don't skimp out on it, it's an integral part of the pc and if you buy a shoddy psu it could destroy your whole system so keep that in mind. 70-150 dollars for a psu is a good amount imo.

yeah i'am polish lol, Thanks for the advice. Is the motherboard important or will a cheap one do fine? And when buying a case is it just the design that is different?

motherboard is very important. right now the best chipset should be the 680i if you plan to go with conroe so i'd recommend looking into one of those.. they're on the expensive side though.. 200-300 USD

Whats the advantage of having a good motherboard. I would like to get the intel core 2 duo so has to support that prossesor. I don't want to pay alot of money for a really good motherboard if i dont need it. By the way is my budget going to get me what i want?

Ya pc is only gonna run as fast as ya slowest part, so if ya get a crap mobo, then ya gonna get crap performance

Back
Top Bottom